Tragically, a recent East Texas hit-and-run car accident has resulted in the death of a Jasper man.
On the evening of September 29, 41-year-old Jason Williams was struck along U.S. Highway 69, just south of Woodville, Texas.
According to the Texas Department of Public Safety, Williams was walking alongside the roadway when he was struck by a 2018 Dodge Ram pickup truck that failed to stop.
Williams died at the scene.
Troopers located the driver, an 18-year-old man from Sour Lake, Texas. He was uninjured, and authorities are continuing to investigate.
What to Do If You or a Loved One Are the Victim of a Hit-and-Run Car Accident
- If your vehicle is struck while you’re inside it and the car is operable, move to a safe place as soon as possible—usually the right-hand shoulder of the road.
- Assess if anyone in your vehicle is injured. Never try to move someone who appears to be injured. If someone is injured (including yourself), contact emergency services via 911.
- If you don’t need to contact emergency services, contact the police and make an official report. For that report, you’ll want the following information:
- A description of the car, truck, or motorcycle that hit you
- Its license plate, if possible
- A description of the driver, if possible
Steps to Take if the Offending Party Is Found
If the hit-and-run driver is located, you may need to consider legal action, regardless of actions taken by the police. Car repairs and medical bills can be expensive, and you may suffer lost wages if injured.
Why Choose the Roach Law Firm for Car Accident Cases?
- We Don’t Collect a Fee Unless We Win
For most victims, the best option is finding a team of car accident lawyers that operates on a contingency basis, like the Roach Law Firm. Contingency-fee firms don’t make money unless they win, so their clients have nothing to lose.
- We Recover Your Lost Wages, Medical Expenses, and More
When you’ve been injured due to another driver’s negligence, you shouldn’t have to worry about bills. The Roach Law Firm’s experienced attorneys are experts in car accident injury compensation and the car accident settlement process and will recover what you deserve.
- We Get Tough with Insurance Companies
Insurance companies make money by refusing to pay for injury claims like yours. The party at fault in an accident will often try to avoid court by making “lowball” settlement offers. Don’t fall into this trap! Find a good car accident lawyer and discuss the matter. Earlier this year, Roach Law Firm Partner Nelson J. Roach showed why this is important: He won a $1.1 million jury verdict in an accident case filed against Walmart after the retailer had offered to settle the case for $150,000.
- We Personally Attend to Your Case Beginning to End
Unlike other firms, the Roach Law Firm handles your case from beginning to end. You’ll have access to our top attorneys from the moment we file your case until we win at trial.
- We Have a Track Record of Success
We have secured substantial settlements and jury awards for car accident victims, like this $730 million truck accident verdict—the fourth largest in the nation.
If you or a loved one have suffered an East Texas car accident, call our experienced car accident lawyers at (903) 645-7333 or fill out the electronic form on this page. We’ll will be in touch with you as soon as possible.