Michael L. Silverman is a trial and appellate lawyer who has spent his career handling multimillion dollar civil cases. His practice is focused on complex litigation, with an emphasis on class action litigation involving antitrust, securities, consumer fraud and contract law. Before joining the Roach Law Firm, Michael was an associate of Freed Kanner London & Millen, LLC, a premier class action litigation firm. During his career, Michael has worked on dozens of state and federal class action cases.
Michael has handled all phases of pre-trial litigation, including drafting and arguing dispositive motions, taking and defending depositions, propounding and responding to written discovery, and preparing fact and expert witnesses for deposition and trial. He has extensive experience in electronic discovery matters including electronic document preservation, spoliation, production and computer forensics.
Michael graduated cum laude from DePaul University College of Law, receiving his Juris Doctor degree in 2008. While in law school, Michael served as an Editor for the Journal of Contemporary Moral Issues as well as a Legal Writing Teaching Assistant for first-year law students. He received his Bachelor's of Business Administration from the University of Wisconsin-Madison School of Business, where he concentrated his studies in Finance, Investments, and Banking. Michael was named on the 2016-2018 Illinois “Rising Star” by Super Lawyers, a division of Thomson Reuters—an honor awarded to only 2.5% of Illinois attorneys.
Mr. Silverman has represented direct and indirect purchaser plaintiffs in numerous state and federal courts and has helped recover hundreds of millions for class members. The following is a list of published decisions related to the prosecution of those antitrust cases:
- In re Steel Antitrust Litig., 2015 WL 5304629 (N.D. Ill. 2015)
- In re Automotive Parts Antitrust Litig., 2014 WL 3846095 (E.D. Mich. 2014)
- In re NCAA Student-Athlete Name & Likeness Licensing Litig., 724 F.3d 1268 (9th Cir. 2013)
- In re Prograf Antitrust Litig., 2013 WL 2395083 (D. Mass. 2013)
- In re Optical Disk Drive Antitrust Litig., 2012 WL 1366718 (N.D. Cal. 2012).
Other litigation in which Mr. Silverman played a significant role include:
- Byerson v. FabFitFun, Inc., et al., 16-CH-13306 (Cir. Ct. Cook Cnty. Ill.)
- Hedges v. Earth, Inc., 14-CV-09858 (N.D. Ill.)
- Lewert v. P.F. Chang’s China Bistro, 14-CV-04787 (N.D. Ill.)
- In re National Collegiate Athletic Association Student-Athlete Concussion Injury Litigation, MDL 2492 (N.D. Ill.)
- In re Automotive Parts Antitrust Litigation, MDL 2311 (E.D. Mich.)
- Kleen Products, Inc. et al. v. Packaging Corp. of America, et al,, 10-CV-5711 (N.D. Ill.)
- In re Optical Disk Drive (ODD) Antitrust Litigation, MDL 2143 (N.D. Cal.)
- In re NCAA Student-Athlete Name & Likeness Licensing Litigation, 4:09-CV-1967 (N.D. Cal)
- In re Aftermarket Filters Antitrust Litig., MDL 1957 (N.D. III.)
- In re Cathode Ray Tube (CRT) Antitrust Litigation, MDL 1917 (N.D. Cal.)
- In re TFT-LCD (Flat Panel) Antitrust Litigation, MDL 1827 (N.D. Cal.)