Sadly, East Texas truck accidents are on the rise, and truck accident lawyers are in high demand. Earlier this month, at least two of the region’s residents have died in tragic 18-wheeler accidents.
East Texas Boy Killed by Semi-Truck Near Livingston, Texas
- On December 7, a large semi-truck struck and killed a 15-year-old boy who had just stepped off his school bus off of U.S. Highway 59, near Livingston, Texas. Livingston is roughly 70 miles northeast of Houston, in Polk County.
- A preliminary investigation by the Texas Department of Public Safety showed that the bus had its flashing red lights on and stop sign extended to offload the student when an 18-wheeler driven by Texarkana resident Gregory Jackson struck a car behind the bus.
- The semi-truck then veered right and hit the boy in a driveway. Sadly, the child was pronounced dead at the scene. Jackson was uninjured, charged with felony criminal negligent homicide, and jailed. Grief counselors were made available to children at Livingston Independent School District, where the victim was a student.
Nacogdoches Woman Dies in Tragic 18-Wheeler Wreck
- On December 14, 63-year-old Thelia Seelbach of Nacogdoches, Texas, died after her vehicle was struck on U.S. Highway 59 by a large semi-truck.
- Preliminary reports indicate that the woman made a right turn in front of the 18-wheeler and collided with it. She was pronounced dead at the scene, and the semi-truck driver was treated for injuries.
What to Do If You or a Loved One Are Involved in an 18-Wheeler, Big Rig, or Other Trucking Accident
- If your vehicle is struck while you’re inside it and the car is operable, move to a safe place as soon as possible—usually the right-hand shoulder of the road.
- Assess if anyone in your vehicle is injured. Never try to move someone who appears to be injured. If someone is injured (including yourself), contact emergency services via 911.
- If you don’t need to contact emergency services, contact the police and make an official report. For that report, you’ll want the following information:
- A description of the truck or other vehicle that hit you
- Its license plate, if possible
- A description of the driver, if possible
- Once your safety has been secured, consider seeking legal counsel from a team of experienced trucking accident lawyers.
Have You or a Loved One Been Injured or Killed in an East Texas 18-Wheeler Accident?
If you or a loved one are the victim of an 18-wheeler, semi-truck, or big rig accident in East Texas or elsewhere in the state, contact the Roach Law Firm today. Here’s why:
- We Don’t Collect a Fee Unless We Win
For most victims, the best option is finding a team of East Texas truck accident lawyers that operates on a contingency basis, like the Roach Law Firm. The Roach Law Firm doesn’t charge a dime unless they win your case.
- We Recover Your Lost Wages, Medical Expenses, and More
When you’ve been injured due to big rig driver’s negligence, you shouldn’t have to worry about bills. The Roach Law Firm’s 18-wheeler accident lawyers will recover your lost wages, medical expenses, and compensation for you or your loved one’s pain and suffering.
- We Know How to Negotiate with Insurance Companies—and When to Get Tough
Trucking insurance companies make money by refusing to compensate the victims of injury or death claims. Don’t try to negotiate with them on your own! Find a truck accident lawyer with a solid track record and discuss the matter first. Earlier this year, Roach Law Firm Partner Nelson J. Roach showed why this is important: He won a $1.1 million jury verdict in an accident case filed against Walmart after the retailer had offered to settle the case for a measly $150,000.
- We Don’t Hand Your Case Off to Other Lawyers, Like a Lot of “TV and Billboard” Attorneys Do
Unlike other firms, the Roach Law Firm handles your case from beginning to end. You’ll have access to our experienced big rig accident lawyers from the moment we file your case until we win at trial.
- Our Trucking Lawyers Won $730 Million in a Recent Case
We have secured substantial settlements and jury awards for trucking accident victims, like this $730 million truck accident verdict—the fourth largest in the nation.
If you or a loved one have suffered a truck accident or serious car accident in East Texas or the surrounding region, call our East Texas truck accident lawyers or East Texas car accident lawyers at (903) 645-7333. You may also fill out the electronic form on this page, and we’ll will be in touch with you as soon as possible.