Last week, eight people died in a horrific 168-car accident in St. John’s Parish, near New Orleans, Louisiana.
The pileup occurred during heavy fog and according to WVUE-TV involved at least one flatbed trailer and a double 18-wheeler.
News reports indicate that many of the cars were driving at excessive speed without their headlights on, despite the low-visibility conditions.
Student Driver Survives Car Accident Pileup
One of the survivors was a student driver taking her final roadway test. She and her instructor made it out of the car crash alive, with a scratch and with no automobile damage.
“I’m very proud of her, because she did what we taught her to do,” instructor Gisela Chevalier told reporters. “We are here because she handled it really good. Really brave. … She made 100 (for her grade), no doubt about it. She earned it.”
What to Do If You or a Loved One Are the Victim of Car Accident Pileup
- If your vehicle is struck while you’re inside it and the car is operable, move to a safe place as soon as possible—usually the right-hand shoulder of the road.
- Assess if anyone in your vehicle is injured. Never try to move someone who appears to be injured. If someone is injured (including yourself), contact emergency services via 911.
- If you don’t need to contact emergency services, contact the police and make an official report. For that report, you’ll want the following information:
- A description of the car, truck, or motorcycle that hit you
- Its license plate, if possible
- A description of the driver, if possible
Why Choose the Roach Law Firm for Car Accident Cases?
- We Don’t Collect a Fee Unless We Win
For most victims, the best option is finding a team of car accident lawyers that operates on a contingency basis, like the Roach Law Firm. Contingency-fee firms don’t make money unless they win, so their clients have nothing to lose.
- We Recover Your Lost Wages, Medical Expenses, and More
When you’ve been injured due to another driver’s negligence, you shouldn’t have to worry about bills. The Roach Law Firm’s experienced attorneys are experts in car accident injury compensation and the car accident settlement process and will recover what you deserve.
- We Get Tough with Insurance Companies
Insurance companies make money by refusing to pay for injury claims like yours. The party at fault in an accident will often try to avoid court by making “lowball” settlement offers. Don’t fall into this trap! Find a good car accident lawyer and discuss the matter. Earlier this year, Roach Law Firm Partner Nelson J. Roach showed why this is important: He won a $1.1 million jury verdict in an accident case filed against Walmart after the retailer had offered to settle the case for $150,000.
- We Personally Attend to Your Case Beginning to End
Unlike other firms, the Roach Law Firm handles your case from beginning to end. You’ll have access to our top attorneys from the moment we file your case until we win at trial.
- We Have a Track Record of Success
We have secured substantial settlements and jury awards for car accident victims, like this $730 million truck accident verdict—the fourth largest in the nation.
If you or a loved one have suffered a car accident, call our experienced car accident lawyers at (903) 645-7333 or fill out the electronic form on this page. We’ll will be in touch with you as soon as possible.